Informa (formerly known as IIR Middle East) along with the Natural Resources Authority of Jordan and the Oil Shale Companies operating in Jordan would like to thank everyone who attended the 2nd Biennial Jordan International Oil Shale Symposium (JIOSS) which took place on 14 - 15 April 2014 in the Dead Sea. This year we welcomed over 325 senior level delegates from the industry, proving that JIOSS is the LARGEST and ONLY oil shale conference in the Middle East
Key facts from JIOSS 2014:
Key Discussions included:
- Latest developments from some of the largest oil shale projects, such as ENEFIT's 540 MW green field oil shale fired power project in Attarat Um Ghudran, and JOSCOs Upper Cretaceous Oil Shale strata assessment.
- His H.E Minister of Energy Dr Mohammad Mousa Hamed, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources outlined incentives for further cooperation and support between government authorities and oil shale companies working in Jordan.
- Regional and international banks, from the Association of Bank in Jordan and the Jordan Kuwait bank, discussed various financing options for oil shale projects and incentives for long term foreign investments.
- The worlds most advanced and innovative oil shale technologies were apresented to the audience. Technology sessions included VKG's state-of -the-art Petroter technology, to the latest improvements in the UTT's-3000 installation and Shell's proprietary In-situ Conversion process.
- Key findings from EIA's assessment study highlighted, that if done correctly, oil shale projects would have minimal environmental impact in Jordan.
We would also like to thank our sponsors, chairmen, speakers and delegates for their dedication and commitment to the Jordan International Oil Shale Symposium. We hope that we can continue working with the industry in developing the symposium to incorporate a larger overview of the latest oil shale developments in Jordan and also of the projects globally- as well as to continue gathering representatives from across the oil shale value chain and overseeing the growth and commercial production of oil shale in Jordan.
What some of the attendees has to say about JIOSS 2014: